Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pottery Barn Inspired Mirror

I finished the mirror! 
This mirror is a weird size, 16inX13in. I would probably have made it bigger but I don't really have a mantel or anything large to display it on yet. 
I got the wood from the hardware store, I had to get a 2ft X4ft piece and have them cut it. BUT now I have other chunks I can use for something else. I used the same black paint from the shelf and coat rack. Nine mirrors from the dollar store, and 2 pieces of fancy trim from the craft store. 

Wood $2  ($6 originally but I only used a small chunk)
Trim $6
Paint $.50 (I seriously didn't use that much paint on this, the bulk of the small can went to the shelves)
Mirrors $9

Total = $17.50
Pottery Barn Mirror =$699 (That one is huge at 44inX55in)

The break down:
PB mirror: $699 / 2420 sq.in. = .28cents per inch
DIY: $17.50 / 208 sq.in. = .08cents per inch

That's huge!




1 comment: