Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Shelf beginnings...

I came across this shelf in my Dad's garage, he said he was probably just going to get rid of it. I however was in the market for one, so he gave it to me! Yay!
I forgot to get a before shot. It was better looking then it looks now, I hate to admit.
It was shiny creamy white but I wanted it dark brown or black.

So, since I don't really have any experience knowing what needs to be sanded first, and what doesn't, I just went ahead and painted the underside and back.

I used the same kona brown paint from the mag. rack but... as you can see it looks purply-pink. Yuck. It also wasn't sticking very well. (you can see the streaks that pealed off) So I learned the hard way that I should have at least sanded a little on this project.

But I have almost got the gross purple/pink wanna be brown paint off and it will be beautiful black soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment