Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New wallet!


 Lately I've been getting some flack for my ragged wallet, I also am in the mindset right now of, why spend money on something that holds your money. I'm sure that will probably change in a few years though.

On to the wallet already! So last week during nap time, I went through some extra scraps I had and figured it would make a decent wallet. I just laid out my old one and cut the same general rectangles from it adding seam allowance.

The tricky part is that the old one (the pink and white one in the pictures) is mostly made of serged edges and generally that's why it looks more ragged. So I had to figure out how to do it without a serger and to get all the seams tucked under. I did have to rip out a few seams and my wallet is a bit more bulky because of the seams all tucked in but hey, it does look more finished and wont wear so easily.


Last week I also turned this bag of random ribbons into some fabulous new bow clips for Hayley. She's been on a real bow kick lately requesting and picking out her own each day. 





I promise once I figure out my dress dilemma I'll post pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment